[kropotkin thinks...] - More Than Just a PR Stunt - Interview with CFMOTO’s Director of...

Discussion in 'Motorcycling News' started by Newsbot, Jul 25, 2024.

1. Newsbot

Newsbot All the news that's fit to excerpt

If you enjoyed reading this article, please click here to view it on Kropotkin's site, MotoGP Matters.

-----------------

More Than Just a PR Stunt - Interview with CFMOTO’s Director of Racing Development

[​IMG]

At CFMOTO’s marketing event CFMOTO Day - Racing Man, I interviewed CFMOTO’s Director of Racing Development Mr. SU Zhen (苏臻) who has been part of CFMOTO’s World Championship effort since its genesis. Let’s see how CFMOTO got involved in the World Championship and their future plans.

Q: CFMOTO entered Moto3 in the 2022 season. When was the decision made within the company? How was the racing department put together?

SZ: Our CEO Mr. LAI Minjie (赖民杰) has had the dream of entering the World Championship forever. You saw that Mini with a ‘Moto3’ license plate at Zhejiang Karting Track during CFMOTO Talent Trophy. He got that plate way before we had a team. He wants a Chinese brand on the World Championship grid. Initially, my boss Ms LIU Xiaofang (刘晓芳) was working on the prep work alone. I was a member of the PR department at the time, which was also overseen by Ms. Liu. I’ve always loved motorsport. I’ve also studied in Italy. It was relatively easy for me to fit in into a paddock filled with Spaniards and Italians. So Ms. Liu invited me to the project. Actually, until about halfway through the 2022 season, it was only Ms. Liu and me on the project. Then gradually we invited more colleagues within CFMOTO who were passionate about motorsport to join us. We also hired external experts, for example, ex-racers to help us test the bike and help with R&D.

Li Lin Thu, 25/Jul/2024 - 21:07